What Are The SIgns of Colon Cancer?
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF COLON CANCER?
For the most part colon cancer is a silent disease. That is why many patients will not have any symptoms until its too late. That is why we emphasize the role of colonoscopy in prevention of cancer. You should get a colonoscopy for the purpose of screening at the age of 45 even if you have no symptoms at all
Signs of colon cancer include blood in the stool or a change in bowel habits. These and other signs and symptoms may be caused by colon cancer or by other conditions. Check with your doctor if you have any of the following:
- A change in bowel habits.
- Blood (either bright red or very dark) in the stool that oozes out of the ulcerated tumor.
- Diarrhea, constipation, or feeling that the bowel does not empty all the way.
- Stools that are narrower than usual from cancer partially occluding the lumen of the colon.
- Frequent gas pains, bloating, fullness, or cramps. This usually occurs due to blockage of the colon due to cancer.
- Weight loss for no known reason. Because the nutrition is being taken away by the cancerous cells
- Feeling very tired. This is because of occult loss of blood and anemia
Khawaja Azimuddin M.D. & Tal Raphaeli M.D. & Jean Knapps M.D.
1125 Cypress Station Dr, Suite G, Houston TX 77090
Tel: 281-583 1300 Fax: 281-583 1303
Houston Colon & Rectal surgery PA
The Hemorrhoid Center